Wednesday, May 23, 2007

what was she thinking?

so i pull up to the gym and it's about 9am, so there are many many many parking spaces available. especially since the gym is in a grocery store. i always park by the cart area so that i can open the gaffer's door all the way without anyone parking too close. so i'm quite far from the entrance, but i don't mind. i turn off the car and start packing things into my bag, water bottle, keys, sunglasses, wallet etc, all things that come out of your bag as you drive with a 2 year old. so then i open my door, then realize that i need to leave the windows down for the dog. (she refuses to let me go anywhere without her) so i put the key back in the ignition, turn it on, bring down the windows and then start to load up. i get out of the car and as i close my door, i notice a car waiting to park right beside me. and she's not happy. how long has she been waiting? i have no idea. so i wave and say 'sorry!' and she scowls at me and then pulls in right beside me. so i wave at the parking lot and say, there are other places to park! and i start to laugh because it's all so silly. she gets out of her car and stomps off into the store. so i grab the gaffer and go in. as we enter i notice she's hanging out at the cherries area. she's buying cherries. so that tells you what kind of woman she is. she buys 6.99$ per pound cherries. fair enough. i laugh and go work out.
when i'm done i go to the car to get my greenbox to buy groceries. her car is gone. but there is a lovely little swear word written into the dust on the back of my car....
coincidence?

i'm sure her day is made now that she got back at me...

8 comments:

sue said...

No, she's continuing to seethe. It will eat at her all day while she eats her expensive cherries.

Jennifer said...

she wore jogging pants to buy groceries for heaven's sakes! only two types of people do that. people who buy expensive cherries and want what they want, and people like me who can't be bothered to care what they are wearing while they shop.

so if you're going to help others realize their dreams, are you going to find me a publisher?:)

sue said...

hmmm.... I have no idea how to do that. But I have a friend who has had 2 books published. I could ask him the how he did that.

Melinda said...

LOLOL! See, you should have washed your car first, then there wouldn't have been any dust.... What would she have done then??????

Jennifer said...

i should wash my car. but i have a theory.
when we used to live out in the sticks, we had a gravel road, so the cars would get dusty. i figured that if i didn't wash my car, then the dust would protect my car from road salt, which would make my car rusty. so if i leave the dust on year round, how can it get rusty?

i was actually expecting her to flick a lit cigarette into my window or something. or call the police because my dog was in the car.

Bee said...

Poor lady- she probably leads a miserable life without any friends, and saw how happy you looked, and decided she needs to hate you. But that's OK cuz we all love you! ;)

barb said...

It wasn't J.I., was it?

Jennifer said...

i don't know. she was pretty young and barrhaven looking. i'm positive j.i. is a guy.

wears ugly white jockey y-fronts because it reminds him of his childhood.