Tuesday, May 8, 2007

ah..





ah, the lovely sting on the shoulders from not having remembered to put sunscreen on as you are outside gardening, with your back to the sun from 11-3pm. of course it didn't hurt until i had my cleansing shower with loofah. oh my. i'm feeling warm tonight.
so i just spent 25$ in Canadian Tire money at C.T (i've been saving all winter you know), and purchased some hot pink celosia (this year's favourite for me), some pink and blue trailing lobelia and some portulaca. oh and two rue plants to keep those bloody cats out of my veggie boxes. little buggers. and my sitter gave me 5 large clumps of hosta bulbs to pull apart (now that was fun) and plant throughout. my gardens spoke to me of their lovely plants, revealing what was coming up as i had no idea. tall phlox. hostas. lunaria. astilbe. dicentra. oh you lovely lovelies.
i have gone a little crazy, and put up some gorgeous wire pot holders that i wrote about yesterday. then i hung a brass pot in my lilac tree. along with some shiny mirrors. and a faerie. and some faeries in the garden. and more pots along the wall. it's so pretty. i'm going to hang faery lights along the fence so our party saturday night will be beautiful. and we can turn them on at night when we feel like it. and i shall also this week, string up some of my chandelier crystals and hang them on the fence as well and in the trees so that they will sparkle and shine, beckoning birds and lovely butterflies to come and dine in my garden. i thought the front yard would be my favourite, but given that i've spent so much time out back, it's so much more private and less chance of anyone stealing anything...i'm in love.

now just to fix a few loose boards, paint the garden bench purple and move the cedar logs out of the way i'll be all set to host many parties....

6 comments:

sue said...

I must come and see this fabulous garden next time I'm up that way.
And you must teach the others how to put pics on their blogs. It is a lovely touch.

Melinda said...

Your garden sounds soooooo lovely!!! I'm green with envy! Can we have some more pics of your garden please????? :-)

Jennifer said...

i'm embarassed to say that these flowers are not from my garden...yet. i only posted them from the internet so i could share what they will eventually look like.
how embarassing. but i did borrow a digital, so hopefully once we get warmer weather, i'll be able to brag properly.

Bee said...

you inspire me girl! I someday will have lovely flowers here too. But never as many as you- I can't be bothered to look after them... I'd rather have the veggies- a tangible reward for my labours.

Jennifer said...

but bee, flowers are a tangible reward! especially when you cut them and bring them inside! you will enjoy it more next year when your house is done. just wait.

sue said...

our bee has trouble taking the time to stop and enjoy the flowers. Strange considering her name.... She's getting better at it though