Monday, May 7, 2007

the garden that gives back...


ok, so i've been pretty pleased so far with the results of my labours. i've moved some cerastium from the lawn into the gardens. i've raked vigorously and seeded my lawn. i've discovered my sprinkler deep in the shed. i've unboxed a whole bunch of pots and hanging pots to display everywhere. i totally scored at a garage sale, buying beautiful iron-wrought (rought? rot?)plant holders. i've put half of them up.

today i discovered more joys. my gardens are actually not that full of plants. but as i looked carefully for dandelions (like they're that hard to find. i must have a gold mine field out there) i discovered more perennials, growing in my lawn! i found statice, i found daisies, i found gaillardia, i found echinacea, i found more cerastium, i found tons and tons of viola. my lawn alternates in yellow and purple. i think the older lady who moved, took some of her plants with her because i have large holes in my gardens. but the lawn took their seeds and have developed beautiful plants for me to transplant! could i be more happy! they're free! so you can imagine my joy at these many many free perennials. and no, you can't have any.

have planted the peas, peas and two beans yesterday. have seed planted the leek, some herbs, radishes, celery, and others i can't remember.
am very happy.

7 comments:

Bee said...

OK I am seriously behind in my gardening, I see. I am glad you have found so many wondrous surprises in your lawn. I have been busy relocating my tulips etc so they won't get plowed under with the new house. Am very behind on my veggie garden :(

sue said...

I HAVE NO GARDEN AT ALL... but I do live next to Frank...

Jennifer said...

who's frank?

sue said...

Frank is our landlord and neighbor. He has a garden on steroids and he, unlike someone else I know, doesn't say I can't have any.

Jennifer said...

who said that!!!! that's awful!!!! you should jump on that person's head!

barb said...

Better cover your head, J.

Jennifer said...

did i say she couldn't have any plants?