Thursday, May 24, 2007

hmmm...

ok, so i did not stay up to watch LOST. i must have been tired. i'm starting to question all of these headaches and exhaustion. must call doctor at some point.

rockstar hubby took gaffer out this morning to exchange a dress for me, go to funzone and then home depot to purchase some earplugs and...gasp...chemicals to kill the dandelions on my lawn.
i've succumbed to yuckiness.

i know i suck. but you don't understand! i am one of the most non-chemical, try to be natural person i know! i mean, a friend of mine was actually shocked when i told her that i had a weakness for zesty doritos! she thought i didn't eat that stuff! but my lawn is completely infested. i have no grass. i went to 8 stores two days ago to find the weedhound. and yesterday i drove an hour to go get it and pay 30$ for it. guess what? it works fine. but after an hour of weeding and only having gotten 1 square foot done, i gave up. seriously! i'd rather be playing with my flowers! so i called hubby on the phone and said, 'babe. get scott's weed and feed. let's kill those buggers.'
i know. what have i become?

lots of my neighbours have dandelions. two doors down. they have none. they have such a lovely lawn that i find myself driving slowly past so i can drool over it. the other day i walked all the way down in my barefeet to say hello just so i could feel the softness under my toes. at which point i sighed and he looked at me funny. as i left i swore i could see him combing my feet prints away. but it's sooo pretty!

so the plan is: mow the lawn today. broadcast weed and feed at 6:30 when gaffer is in bed, then run the sprinkler. we leave tomorrow morning at 7am and we won't be back until sunday, so it should be safe by then.

please don't hate me.

planted many more gazanias ( i love saying that word out loud), two lovely clematis, more pansies (i'm addicted) and i ripped the hideous green fake carpet off our front porch. that was satisfying. except it's unbelievable hideous under the hideous green fake carpet. am going to hide when hubby comes home.

1 comment:

Bee said...

I don't hate you- I have been known to put chemicals on my lawn more than once- would have considered it here too except my lawn's so big I'd have to take out a second mortgage on the house to pay for the stuff.