Saturday, May 19, 2007

ok that was cool...

woke up bright and early at 5am this morning to get ready for the race. managed to get there for 7 to run into B. Very cool.
so we prepped, we froze on the way to the pool and then the nerves kicked in. but i was ok. held it together, only went to the bathroom once.
got in line for the swim race, and we were off! i told myself i would not stop, nor would i stop doing the front crawl. 3/4 of the way through i had to breathe every second stroke, but i did not stop.
ran out of pool to find B and rock star hubby ahead of me. we all encouraged each other as we got dressed, and there was almost a moment where B and i started to have a conversation, but she managed to take off.
ran up the hill.
yuck.
but didn't walk.
got to the bike watch B take off and climbed on best i could.
that was hard.
downhill, uphill, downhill, could my hands be any colder?
after what seemed to be eternity, caught up to B and passed her. (?)
as we docked our bikes and removed our safety gear i got to watch B eat yucky power gel and then throw it up. that was a treat. then she was drinking water, so i left. and then she caught up to me and just as we hit the road, aaaaaarrrggghhhhh leg cramp!!!! seizing of calf muscles!!! so B stops with me and is like 'are you ok? do i have to carry you?' and i told her to go. so i limped behind her for the remainder.
was quite funny near finish line as man with megaphone was saying 'all right runners, to the finish line' and as i looked around me, there weren't any other runners. so i laughed and showed off a little to make the crowd laugh because that's what i do.

b beat me by 20 seconds. attagirl!!!
beat my time last year by 7 minutes.
am pleased.


but couldn't sleep when i got home. so i gardened from 12:30-3, then hubby took me on date to nursery (oh you shouldn't have!) and gardened from 3:45-5pm. now i wait for gaffer to come home and hug me tightly and tell me he loves me.

a good day in all.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Well done!!! Beating your time by 7 minutes, that's fantastic!

barb said...

Powel gel is a foul concoction. I was surprised the first one stayed down.

You ROCKED out there, sis! Way to go!!!

sue said...

I'm so glad I got to cheer you and B across the finish line.
Thanks for breakfast yesterday. Yummy food and fantastic company. Great fun, indeed.