Sunday, May 6, 2007

facebook

someone, a very old friend of mine from university, invited me to be her friend on facebook last week. monday i think. and so i signed up. and facebook asked me to check and see who from my high school was on facebook. so i did. and then i asked my lovely lady friends from church to sign up for facebook. is it me, or did it just take off? next thing i know, everyone is on it. and it's cool. i am now talking to this friend again, and now we have something in common again because she has a one year old.

but i managed to get in touch with another very old friend that i haven't seen in 6 years. and she's been sick. she just had her last radiation for breast cancer. at 34 years old! and because of facebook, i'm having coffee with her at my favourite shop on wednesday.
a very very old friend from high school tracked me down. and we had the kind of female relationship where immediately you discuss your most inner thoughts and pain and dreams. nothing shallow. just an immediate bond that is so rare in life and when you get it, you're so lucky. and she found me. and i can't wait to hear more from her.
another friend of mine is very creative and it turns out she has her own jewellery line and is brilliant! she won the ottawa fusion award. i'm so proud of her. we used to work together at the mall and we had lunch together. she was always so put together and so beautiful, and yet she was so goofy she'd have you laughing all the time.
another friend who i haven't seen in over a year because he has his own family to take care of. busy guy. but we've been friends since i was 16! it was wonderful to find him to.

it's funny how people come back into your life when you're older, more mature, and really really cherish your friendships more. i can't wait to see where this goes.

try it out.

4 comments:

sue said...

It is amazing isn't it. This week I've been talking to a young lady who was my oldest son's girlfriend for 18 months. It's the first time we've really talked since J died... she found it too difficult to talk to me at the time. I'm thankful for this way of connecting.

Jennifer said...

wow. that's wild. what a blessing in disguise.
hey, how come you never write anything?

sue said...

don't know... I have a hand written journal I keep up with; and much of it I wouldn't want anyone else to read. Guess I just like to keep up with others without letting them keep up with me...
hmmm....

barb said...

You guys crack me up with your comment conversations.