Thursday, May 31, 2007

encouraging day

So of course I get frustrated and discouraged while I’m reading my writer’s craft book. So many publishers. So many magazines. Who could possibly want to read anything that I write? There are so many good books out there. Granted there are some pretty crappy ones, but I chalk it up to me just not liking them. So many books that are bland and without feeling and emotion. Just a sensible story that may turn into a movie, or a bunch of fluttery flower words that are just too much. And I begin to believe the lie. You are not good enough. No one will read it. No one will publish it. You do not have what it takes. You do not have enough training. You have not worked hard enough. What are you doing?

And yet…

And yet I met a woman who looked just like me, and she was offered a publishing deal.

And today I met a woman who sold books, and works for a very large publishing company. And she gave me the number to call. And she told me that her company wasn’t publishing as much as they used to because there were just not as many books going around anymore. That I should go for it.

Oh LORD, how you encourage me in so many little ways…

4 comments:

Melinda said...

So when will you be calling them?????

Unknown said...

Yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh GOD !!

I cannot wait to read your book ! I think it'll be amazing. Because I know the person behind it. She's got wonderful things to tell the world.

barb said...

And I'll add my $0.02 of encouragment. GO FOR IT!!! God doesn't put those little things in our path so we can say, "oh, hm, well, that was interesting".

Bee said...

You will be an awesome writer- go for it and don't believe the lies!