Wednesday, June 18, 2008

To: Andy

Ok, I can't win. I can't talk nicely about anyone, without someone else asking why I'm not talking about them.
So here's Andy.

Andy is fabulous. He is hilarious. He can take a joke. Especially mine. Which means I like him a lot because I know my humour is insane and weird, and not too many people get it. And I feel sorry for people who don't, and I bet they don't get 'Far Side' either. I'm willing to bet Andy has one or two posted on his tiny little cubby-hole's wall. Actually I think he mentionned his office isn't allowed pictures and he sits cooped up all day like a chicken. Ok, I'm making up the chicken part, but given I am a WRITER I'm allowed to embelish. A little.
So, when I met Andy of Zondervan, I asked him if he was in Canada. He said yes with a strange look on his face. A look I am not completely unfamiliar with. The look that tells me they are going to go sit somewhere else now. But then I said, 'Where are you?' and the face became more contorted with a bead of perspiration on his forehead, answered, "Guelph". D-uh. I MEANT where his office was, but given I am never direct in questions, no wait, I'm always direct, urm ... I don't usually speak clearly? Huh. Anywayzzzzzzzzzz, I teased him mercilessly and he took it like a man, so now he's practically my favourite-est editor (sorry, Burb is first), and I think he'd be fun to go shoot ducks with. Or spend the day at a waterpark.
So, check out his blog which is linked on my page, and read the books he's 'discovered' and then e-mail that he's brilliant or a nutcase. And his beautiful family is on there too because he doesn't mind showing them off. Whereas I am more ... private.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I'm honored. And in Grand Rapids.