Thursday, June 19, 2008

and while I'm on the subject...

Yes, I'm posting again. My rockstar hubby is gone until Sunday night and I'm lonely.


Ok, I've had my bath and all I did was stare into space. It was nice. Couldn't tell you what I was thinking about. Oh yes, I was telling myself to go do my quiet time. Not enough time with God, I said to myself. My body sighed in guilt.

Ok, proof I am not a grown-up:

1)I bought a purple striped t-shirt because it was purple and cute.
2)I just ate a handful of carob chocolate chips.
3)I read children's fiction
4)I can't remember how old I am. 30? 34?
5)I'm wondering if I can climb into the mirror over the bathroom.
6)I blew bubbles in the tub. No, not from my bum.
7)I giggle when women fart in the cubicle next to me. If I fart? Forget it.
8)The big one: my parents came for supper the other night and asked about gaffer's school in the fall. My baby is turning 4 and will be attending JK because God was not particularly loud on homeschooling or not. When we went for our interview my questions were:
What will he be reading? Is there a nap? Will they be praying? Will they be learning bible verses?
That's it.
My parents? Asked. Me. 64 questions.
What do they do with learning disabilities? Who funds the school? What organization is it under? What do they do for disciplinary action? What if he's failing? Why are they wearing uniforms? etc.
I had no answer. Never occured to me. All I came up with was: If there's a problem, we'll homeschool.
Huh.
My kid can almost burp his ABC's. He also tells me stuff and then says, "that's just an expression". He knows all the words to 'I Love My Pirate Papa' (brilliant book by the way. bring a hankie) And whenever he sees the dog, he sings 'Bicycle built for two'. His favourite song is the Bellybutton song (veggietales) and Modern Major General.
Huh.
And I'm his best friend.

Ok, recipe for my 'pretend it's tabbouleh'
1 cup of cooked quinoa (i didn't feel like cooking it so i made kamut/quinoa pasta)
1 cucumber chopped
3 tomatoes (field grown)
1 huge handful of cilantro (cleaned and chopped)
1 can of black beans, rinsed
1 can of chick peas, rinsed
a lot of olive oil
some lemon juice
a lot of salt
some oregano
A LOT of cumin.

taste. change. mix. put in fridge for 6 hours. tastes best next day when it's soggy.

Ok, I'm going to lick the fake chocolate from under my ring finger now.

No comments: