Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Blood, Dating and Dirt Pig

Today started off with a bloody nose from the gaffer's forehead smashing me while snuggling in bed. Then rockstar hubby came home and we packed up and dropped child off at sitter's and headed downtown for a date.
We walked the Glebe, walked the Canal all the way to downtown where we stopped for lunch at the Mezzanote and had a shrimp caesar salad. Yum! Then we walked some more. Through the market, through the rideau center, through to the glebe. I mentionned it would be a dream to own a house in the Glebe for a few years, and just enjoy biking everywhere and walking everywhere and rockstar hubby being able to walk to firehall. Of course we'd need our own parking space though.
Then we stopped at the cycle shop and I picked up a set of 'Ape' handlebars for my dirtpig! I'm super excited and the handles are about two feet long so it'll make biking much more enjoyable. Am seriously debating buying hot pink tremclad to make the dirt pig more piggy. Hm....Might look more girly and I might like that.
Dropped rsh at work, picked up gaffer, came home, sighed at my peas as the bottom of their huge planter broke through and now they are half on the ground.
Am feeling somewhat ...sad today as today is brother's birthday and we haven't spoken since Christmas. Am tearfully wondering what happened to our amazing friendship and closeness. Am also in a bit of pain (in shoulders, knees and ribs) from slight fender bender today. Lady hit me from behind and thankfully I didn't swear in front of gaffer. Come to think of it, I believe my exact words were, "Oh my goodness!" And thankfully, my trailer hitch put a hole in her bumper. But I feel, icky and sore. Am debating whether to hide under duvet for awhile or tackle book and then eat copious amounts of baguette and blue cheese while watching, 'So You Think You Can Dance.'
Given I've just painted my toes a lovely shade of pink, I think I'll work on my masterpiece. And think of the lovely time rsh and gaffer will have tomorrow morning at Cosmic.

No comments: