Monday, June 16, 2008

apologies all around

I forgot a gigantic detail in my blog of Friday.
I mentioned all the wonderful people I met, naming two fabulous authors. However, I only explained Janice Dick and after re-reading the post, and getting a 'shot' from B.G., I need to apologize. Anyone who read the blog will think, 'Um, who's Bonnie?' and of course I didn't give any details.
This is the part where I RAVE about Ms. Bonnie Grove.

She's brilliant. She is so funny and so energetic and so fabulous....she reminds me of me? (Oooh, how vain!) She gave me a TON of encouragement, explaining how to have an active voice, to punch it up a little and then she explained the 'voice' thing which I am just now understanding. I have never met a more encouraging woman, and as I explained to Ms. Janice Dick, "she definitely has the gift of exhortation". And she gave me great advice on which books to read to better my writing ability. So, if you have a chance, by all means read her book(s) (I'm only aware of one, but I am a terribly ignorant person who is new to all of this) and Janice Dick's.

Bonnie. You. Are. Fab.

3 comments:

barb said...

Haha, nice backpedalling! But then, having read Friday's post and the way the words were all spilling madly out of your fingers, and wondering myself who Bonnie was, I'm glad you explained it further.

She does sound amazing. And I'd like to know how she networks with the ghosts who watch the blogs. Now that would be cool.

Anonymous said...

Hey, why does Bonnie Grove get her own blog post? No FAIR.

Bonnie Grove said...

There are reasons Andy. Big, secret reasons.

Dang Americans. Think they can come in here. . mumble. . . mumble. . .