Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bobos and bad editing

It's one of those days where my body thinks it's growing. That I'm twelve years old again and I'm all arms and feet. I smashed the corner of the car door into my 'bad' shoulder (ok, it STILL hurts), I smashed my head on the car roof (???), walked into a corner right in my groin, and kicked the table leg, barefoot.

However, I did see the doc and he says the ticker is fine. And that when I have 'an episode' of tachio-fibri-heart-whatareyoutalkingabout, that I'm to ...er...bare down. Or stick my finger down my throat to activate my gag reflex. Or poke my eyeballs. Or shove my face into a sink full of icy water. Er...I'll take the bearing down. And hope I don't poop myself in the process. Apparently doing this will slow down the psychotic heartbeat, my body thinking it's drowning. O-kaaaaay. Maybe I should keep on my floaties?

My house is super-stinky. I made Patak's last night and I forgot to add the onion at the beginning. Ah, whatever, it'll be fine. And then I tried it at the end. Ew. And the brown rice? Ew. Who in the world eats brown rice? I thought it was organic long grain or something. Yuck! So rockstar hubby was kind enough to buy clubs and salad all around. But I packaged it up and shoved it into the fridge, thinking I'd wash it off (yes, in the sink with water) and add to my omelette. So when I get home today, my house is still stinky, regardless of many sticks of nag champa, and I'm looking at it, thinking, the dog will eat it. And then I realized that not only did I forget the onion, but I also forget the cilantro and the milk. Hello? Where is my brain? Yeesh. So I'll fix it. Tomorrow. Tonight is baguette, blue cheese, grapes, olives and perhaps just a leeetle bit of vino. Mmmmm. Yes, rockstar hubby is working.

Worked on the book today. Debated overhauling it. Got very frustrated about 'my voice'. I still don't think I completely understand it. Maybe I should just send the silly thing to Andy and hope he can be blunt enough to say, "Um...it sucks" and get it over with. (Or maybe he'll think it's brilliant and he'll fly me to uh, Michigan or Memphis or wherever he is..or I'm dreaming again)

So rockstar hubby had a brilliant canoe weekend with 19 guys and they loved the food. Which I, the campfire cooking goddess, prepared. He got home super-late Sunday night so of course we had a nice big fat fight and snuggled in. Monday was returning stuff, having breakie with friends who are moving to Botswana forever (!!!) and a huge nap. Then the dinner fiasco. We get to have a day date tomorrow and then he and the gaffer are hitting cosmic thursday so I can pretend to work on my book.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I LOVE brown rice!!!

Jennifer said...

well. you're a nut case.

maybe i'm not supposed to put it in a rice cooker?