Wednesday, June 11, 2008

morning of driving

Of course I didn't sleep well. I mean, I slept well enough. There was a lovely cool breeze last night so the windows were open and the earplugs were jammed into my ears. I didn't even hear rockstar hubby snore. Although I did poke him in the face twice for twitching.
I woke up at 4, but got out of bed at 4:45 and had a shower. Then dressed and ate. I was on the road by 5:30.
My first stop was to be Kingston, at Starbucks.

At 6am I began to yawn. A lot. My eyelids were very heavy and I realized I had forgotten to put the 'book on tape' onto my Ipod. So I turned on the tunes. But I was still very sleepy.
I pulled into Kingston and saw the sign for the 401. Perfect. I'll just come right back here.
As I followed my directions to Starbucks, I couldn't find Montreal Road. Huh. So I followed everyone else and passed the RMC and then went over the bridge to downtown. Where else would it be?
I ended up on Princess Street and then Wellington where I knew it was there somewhere. And as I found the Indigo and the Starbucks I had the prime parking spot out front.
Closed until 9am.
Seeing as how it was 7:30, I decided not to wait. I got very crabby and then I saw a Second Cup. Fabulous!
I used their washroom which was strangely dirty and gross and ordered a latte. As soon as I took a sip, I knew it would be crap. And it was. I got into my car rather gruntled, and saw a boy crossing the street with a Starbucks cup in his hand. I quickly jumped out.
"Oy! Where'd ya get the Starbucks!"
He pointed down the street.
And so I went.
It took me 5 minutes to find parking because I had no idea where I was going. Down the street does not mean there will be parking available.
So I found it and went in.
And she made it wrong.
Nonetheless I got back in my car and was on my way.
Er...
Ok, so I'm ON Wellington, I just have to find Queen street. Ah there it is. No wait, huh. Ok, it's Ontario Street. Well, maybe they just renamed Montreal street, Ottawa. So I followed it.
Oh yes, now I know where I'm going.
over the bridge, past the RMC.
Um...
huh.
Where's the hwy?
10 minutes later...

Why am I in Joyceville???? Oh, there's the 401. Huh. It sure is taking a long time to get there. Ah, I'm here. Get on.

15 minutes later...
Hey, there's the 15! And Montreal Street. Huh. I guess I was supposed to get off there? what? whatever.

Stopped for pee at rest stop near Belleville. The famous mcdonald's esso thingy.

huh. no running water.
I'm peeing anyways.

Do you know what it's like to pee on top of other pee? Like, a lot of other pee?
Pen runs out as i write down adventure in book. Yes I had travel wipes.

Ya.

Back on the hwy.

Singing the whole way to Oshawa. Got off in Oshawa.
Wrong exit.
Got directions.
Back on 401.
Right exit.
Starbucks!
Lalalalalala!
Screwed up my drink. Cashier and drive through guy kept staring at me and laughing. Check nose for boogies.
Maybe they're looking at me cause I'm hot?
huh. Sure. I'll believe that instead.

where is the 407?
huh.
ask for directions.
ah, didn't go far enough.
on 407.
running low on gas.
huh.
well, i'm not getting off there. or there. or there. nope. not there. huh.

ah! the 401! yes, yes, i'll go fill up.
esso!
gas.
water.
hmmm. no bathroom.
coffee time across road!
'must be paying customer to use washroom'
i buy a cranberry juice.

have thought: would i be arrested for not buying anything? would they kick my car? throw stale powdered donuts at my head? hm...am debating stopping there on the way home and not buying anything just to use their bathroom.

ah, guelph exit.
no wait, not it.
there it is!
huh. where am i?
oops. wrong exit.
back on track!
hotel!!!
yay!
wireless internet for free!
yay!

going shopping now.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Woohoo!!!!! I'm leaping up and down in excitement for you!!!! Yippee!!!!