Friday, June 20, 2008

judgmental

Today’s creepy factor comes from old guy sitting across from me at Starbucks, writing a paper on Lolita.
And he’s eating a breakfast egg thingy with way too much enthusiasm.

I’m trying not to be judgmental because I just prayed about not being judgmental with double standards. I’ll be the first to admit that if you put a bloody steak in front of me, it's not a pretty sight. I’ve tried thinking around his excuse for writing about such a dirty book.

The only thing I’ve come up with is perhaps he’s arguing against it. He’s wondering what’s happening to our society, where sex sells and we accept it. Yes, that’s it.

Now if he’d only stop farting. It’s starting to smell like old man poo.

1 comment:

Marla said...

Lolita is a classic and I'm pretty sure people read it for university courses.
Perhaps he was assigned it? Perhaps he is studying all the works by Nabokov (or, as I call him, The Vladinator)?
I mean, it is a popular book and was even made into not one, but 2 movies!
I've been trying to get my hands on Lolita for years but the Almonte library (and Pugwash too, apparently) do not have it.

<3