Monday, February 2, 2009

Secrets our Husbands Keep from Us.

Everyone has secrets. I'm not big on secrets, because then you're not telling the truth, but then there's the line between not telling the truth and it being none of your business.

I don't think I have any secrets from RockStar Hubby. I tell him everything. The only thing I think I keep secret are my thoughts about clothes. Yes, sadly, I will meditate on clothes. Clothes, make-up, shoes, new haircuts...I don't divulge that information. When he asks me, 'What are you thinking about?', I just answer, 'girly-stuff' and leave it at that. I think he would think I was crazy if I answered one day, "Oh, I was thinking about that yellow shirt I saw in the Vogue magazine at the gym? Well, I was thinking about how the yellow was good, but not for me, maybe it would suit someone else, but the ruffle around the neckline was kind of nice, but maybe if the whole thing were in pink and then you'd have a biased cut around the waist so you could hide your muffin top, but then if you had gold earrings, they'd have to be a cool gold so it could match and I think I have the perfect earrings upstairs, but I don't have the shirt. And I was thinking about my feet. How much I like them when they are hairless (don't ask, I wrote about it earlier) and all painted up and now that they're tan from our trip, they look so cute in my new shoes...."
He'd run for the hills. Or mock me for being vain and self-centered.

But today.
Today as I folded laundry...
I folded his underwear as usual, and put them away.
I tucked in his socks and put them away. But then I saw something in his sock drawer. My heart skipped a beat. It was a baggie. Thoughts ran through my head. Was he a secret junkie? It would explain his calm demeanor which I always stacked up to being a God-lover. Could it be present for me? No, he always keeps those in the attic (no, I never look!). My cold fingers reached in and slowly pulled it out. It was heavy. There was something heavy and silver in it. Could it be that gorgeous expensive silver necklace I was jonesing for in Mexico? Should I put it back? Nah, I'll just take a peek. I held the baggie in my hand and felt its weight. It was really heavy. I moved into the sunlight to get a better look. I slowly opened my hand...

it was a baggie of nuts and bolts.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

LOL! I find that kind of thing in my DH's drawers too! Why on earth do they do that? It's not like he doesn't have a huge garage to keep all his tools and stuff in, what's with the closet and drawers?

I will never understand men!

And on the 'girly stuff', I just don't go there, he wouldn't understand! It's not a secret, I'm happy to tell him if I ask, he just really doesn't want to know what I'm thinking! He often tells me I think too much... :-)