Wednesday, February 25, 2009

And I'm back...

I've been 'meditating' on the whole trip to Cameron, LA. I've been trying to make heads or tales of it: what did I learn? how have I grown? what bothered me? etc.

The whole trip was hard work.
I think I worked from 8:10-7 at night, every day (with the exception of needing to go to Lake Charles to get groceries and provisions for my weird eating). And it was exhausting. I slept on the floor, on an air mattress, in a sleeping bag, in temperatures that were so cold, I wore longjohns, pj's, t-shirt, sweater and toque. I slept in a room filled with boxes and drywall dust and I slept like a rock. By Saturday, I was pooped and seriously needing some r&r in Humble, TX. (which we did go to and grab a fab hotel room with M&D, then headed to the mall where I dropped 100$ on clothing items that I couldn't pass up). I had to be organized. I had to do my job. I didn't think much. Just worked. I barely spoke to rockstar hubby. We had maybe 10 minutes a day to talk, just to ourselves...

the people on the team that were there with us were amazing. it's like, God blessed each and everyone of us with a good attitude and laughter. no one's bad qualities came out and no one became annoyed with one another. and you'd think with 22 people living in the same small quarters, eating three meals a day with nighttime 'hanging out' we'd make each other crazy. but we didn't. i didn't even mind all the cleaning i did. it was just my job and i didnt' think twice.

when i look back on the week, i realize that it wasn't fun. it wasn't enjoyable. it was really hard work.

but i miss it desperately.

No comments: