Friday, February 13, 2009

grumble grumble

So I went to see my dr today. Dr. steve. He's awesome. He's a jolly 40 year old (maybe older, I can't tell) who races motorcycles all over the world. He's never been harsh or mean or not listened. So I talked to him today about all of this naturopathy stuff.
He is thankfully sending me for an insane amount of bloodwork (ie diabetes, thyroid, liver, kidneys blah blah) to see what's going on. He doesn't think the naturopath saw parasites, neither did his college, who just finished her degree in microbiology, but he wants to know what she saw. He was very patient and explained that there probably are some trigger foods out there causing me grief, but I shouldn't be using the vega-matic to find out what they are. I got the 'eat healthier' talk and I guess I can agree with him there. Stick to foods you can pronounce, stay out of the middle aisles in the grocery store...more water in your diet.
Verdict? I'm going to finish the parasite drugs because hubby already bought them and they seem to be helping me out. It's all natural and it's basically garlic which is good for you anyway.
I'm going to make my own bread today, healthy of course, no preservatives and I'm going to try a piece this afternoon. See what happens.

1 comment: