Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Wish I Were Brain Dead

Can't stop thinking. Spent way too many hours yesterday painting rooms. Sorry, cutting rooms. Gorgeous husband rolled for me. Actually did 5 rooms. Felt tired. Came home. Had bath. Lay there lie a comatose. Bed at 9pm. Awake at 12. Why oh why do all the thoughts in the world come at this time? I filled the humidifier, snorted some spray, moisturized my hands, Vaselined my lips, told gorgeous husband to stop snoring. And then lay there wondering...will everything be done on time? do i have enough days to pack? why am i not completely packed yet? what am i supposed to make for dinners? why oh why did i eat Chinese food, then doritos, then lindt chocolate? why do i have to keep peeing? what are my parents doing? so i stopped and prayed. and kicked hubby out to spare room.
spent today painting again. however, i got to experience first hand the joys of rolling. it took me 6 hours to cut and then roll two rooms. 6 hours! i felt horrible! i felt tired! my muscles feel like yucky rocks instead of lovely muscles. and yet. as I'm home, relaxing, winding down as gorgeous husband stayed behind to roll the kitchen again, I'm trying to pack. but do you think i can actually pack? noooo....had to go on ebay to see if my vintage place mats were worth anything (4$). Had to check my email again, just in case. Had to pet the dog. Had to look in the pantry and wonder just how old some of the food is in there....and now I'm upstairs, trying to shut me down. not happening. body not functioning to brain's commands. brain won't stop thinking....i think i may have to drink very bad tasting wine tonight to turn off brain....

incidentally, worry wart dog is now sporting red, blue and yellow on her tail from worrying against the walls i painted...i wonder how long 'till it wears off?

2 comments:

barb said...

I hate when my brain does that - my body is yelling at it to SHUT UP and GO TO SLEEP, you're keeping the rest of us up. Unfortunately, when you're in the midst of moving and such, your brain is having a field day: "look at me! I'm important! You have to figure things out!"

Maybe you need to follow the girls' lead and build a blanket fort. I was in theirs last night and I'm convinced it's therapeutic.

Jennifer said...

that sounds like a brilliant idea. maybe i'll make one over my bed tonight. wonder if husband will be up for it...maybe he'll think it's a game???