Thursday, February 8, 2007

Packing

I'm packing some boxes this morning, but it's taking longer than it should because I'm throwing things out as well. But I'm reading things too. I came across a journal entry I had written while I worked at the garden center. it says:
"An older woman came into work, and she was hobbling along on crutches quite painfully. She had had an operation over the spring because she had slipped on the ice in the winter. And as terrible as she felt, and as much pain that she was in, she just had to buy grass seed. So I explained which seed she should use and where. When I asked her why she was doing this, being on crutches and all, she said that her husband took great pride in his lawn, he kept it immaculate. And now that he was gone, she wanted to keep it immaculate too..."

No comments: