Wednesday, March 28, 2007

a lovely morning in all

well i dropped the gaffer off at the sitter's (as she is now back from a 3week stint in africa) and i popped into my favourite bookstore in kanata, and with a venti, decaf, soy, cinnamon, not cinnamon dolce, 150degrees latte, i plopped myself in front of the fireplace with my 'chocolat' book and let myself finish reading it. i'm sure i drew stares from other latte sippers as i laughed out loud and of course cried when armande died in the end. (if i spoiled it for you, too bad) and what a treat to finish a book in one sitting. took 2 hours. i sat there for two hours. never even noticed the time. what a luxury! of course i'm home now with housework awaiting me and maybe some of those unpacked boxes can come out to play? i'll have to ipod it of course, and probably hit repeat on 'sexyback' (why oh why am i in love with that song?). maybe another latte later as i peruse my lovely tomato seedlings and encourage my peppers while listening to enya...so much work to do! but so nice outside. if i listen carefully i can hear my lawn saying 'rake me! rake me!' and my flowerbeds saying 'we've been neglected for so long! come, hoe our thick soil, get dirt under your fingers that you can spend the rest of the day sniffing like a smoker having a nic fit.' how do you quieten the garden? really...maybe this afternoon....
ok, now i'm procrastinating. much work to do. stew to make. kitchen to clean. bathroom to polish. grass to rake. cookies to eat.....

1 comment:

barb said...

Ah, you see, your garden has learned your weakness for the smell of soil. It must have been reading your blog too.

Glad you could enjoy a lovely book and a lovely time for you. Good girl.