Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Dog doodoo

We've been at our house for three weeks now, and it is getting exciting to see the snow melting so that I can discover what may possibly grow in the gardens. I pack up the gaffer in his oversize yellow rain suit and rain boots and leed him outside with a plastic shovel. As I begin to direct him to a site where he can dig away, I noticed...landmines. Everywhere. Large ones.
Yes, I know I have a dog. I've cleaned up all her poop. And she is a small dog. These were....very very large. The owner who lived here before us had a large brown lab.

So I'm picking up more dog doodoo, and yah, I'm kinda ticked. It is everywhere. I succumb to telling the gaffer to stay on the porch while I make a dent in the yard. One hour later, I've managed to pick up...half. I'm very very angry now. But what fuels my anger even more is the amount of garbage I'm picking up as well. I can live with the plastic. You can't help bags that fly wherever they feel like catching the wind. I can live with all the branches that have snapped off the dead tree in our yard. I can even...manage to not lose it picking up all the poop. But my fire burns at the amount of cigarette butts that are everywhere. And only two kinds. And the rusty chunks of fence. And oh look! Some old coffee cans. And can you believe it? Spray bottles filled with chemical. Funny but I don't recall the garbage being in the picture.
But I am running around picking up after this...pig who lived here before I did, and I'm having a really hard time feeling sorry for him. I forgave him for sealing up the back porch door before we moved in, so that it does not open. I forgave him for selling us a house with a furnace that has not yet been fixed because it is so complicated. I forgave him for all of the large holes and enormous screws left in the walls, and I forgave him for all the household cleaners, rubbermaid lids (where are the bottoms?), kleenex boxes, broken shelves and the pile of rocks in our garage. (?!) I forgave him for making sure that every single light bulb would burn out within a week of us living here. I forgave him for not leaving us the garbage tags for the rest of the year, so now we have to pay 2$ for every garbage bag we want to throw out.

but now I'm annoyed....

so to make everything better for the moment, I took the gaffer out front and we jumped in muddy puddles for half an hour and then I planted my seeds in their peat discs...

I am going to convince my rock star husband to pay some kid 50$ to clean up every piece of doodoo in the yard....



No comments: