Saturday, February 9, 2008

post #153

huh. that's a lot. ok, here goes.

gaffer got sick. the runny poop sick. that was fun. he seemed ok yesterday, but this morning wasn't great. so now i wonder...do i take him to the store and take a chance that he won't go or that i will actually make it to the upstairs washroom carrying him, running as fast as i can? sigh.
me: well, my body has healed from my fall. and that's good. but i'm tired. what else is new. and it's that lovely time of the month again. that's lovely too.
car: fixed. a lot of garbage to deal with at the shop and i have a lovely new smell in my car - paint. can't get rid of it. my jacket smells like paint, my phone, my mittens...all because they thoughtfully left a container of touch up paint on my steering wheel in a bag. i threw it in the back seat. how was i to know that it wasn't sealed properly? i'm not thrilled.
rockstar hubby: got to work overtime last night at the firehall, which is brilliant for double time, but i had to miss the women's valentine's tea at the church. i was to dress up like cupid and hand out hershey kisses and hang out with Christian women. no such luck.

then there's some lovely garbage going on within my family (not rsh and gaffer) and my stress levels are high. too high. high enough for me to become apathetic. or numb. or whatever. i'm trusting. i'm resting. i just want to sleep it away.

i did order my seeds though. i've narrowed it down to 11 types of tomatoes (that was hard!), 4 types of beans, a cucumber, herbs, pumpkins for the gaffer who seems to think they taste really good, a cherry pepper, a lot of greens. and edamame beans. now i wait to plant. have to use up my canadian tire money to get my jiffy 7's and some containers.

trust. trust. trust.

1 comment:

sue said...

We were in a Pizza Hut when a 2 year old Ben came down with similar illness as gaffer. Didn't make it from the table to the bathroom. Great memories.

Sorry you didn't get to play cupid. You would have been a great one.