Friday, January 25, 2008

my poor neurotic dog

my dog is a lab. she hoovers food. she loves bones. i bought her a bone. a pressed bone. she's had pressed bones before. they normally last a few weeks. she ate it in half an hour.
that night, (tuesday) she puked. big chunks of pressed bone on my kitchen floor.
she seemed fine. i fed her half a cup of food. she puked. on my carpet.
she seemed fine. i fed her half a cup of rice at supper. she puked. on my carpet.
that night, she puked again. on my kitchen floor. (thankfully)
yesterday, (thursday) she puked. but i hadn't fed her. i was told by the vet to take away all food and water. she puked last night.
she seems fine.

took her to the vet.
seems she has a piece of bone clogging her digestive tract which means she can't keep down food, or water. she's on laxatives. perfect. we're waiting for her to get 'rid' of the piece of bone.
if it doesn't work. she's going in for x-rays and probably surgery tomorrow.

peachy.

4 comments:

sue said...

been there. done that. only it was carpeting from his kennel. Stupid labs.

Melinda said...

Ouch! Poor dog! I hope she's ok and manages to pass it!

Huge YUCK on the vomiting, I can't handle that. I go out in sympathy, whether it's the cat or a person. Eeeewwwwww!

Melinda said...

How is she now????

Jennifer said...

she's better thanks. have to keep her quiet and not moving....she'll be on her original food in 6 days...yay!