Friday, March 20, 2009

So why am I sad?

It's been staring at me for two years.

It's whiteness has turned dusty and gray from not being cleaned.

And I don't care.

Rockstar Hubby and I discussed it on the way back from Syracuse.

"Do you really think it's time?" he asked me. I just stared out the car window at the trees flying by, their drab branches just begging for leaves. My straw had already split from me chewing on it. I shrugged my shoulders, not really trusting my answer.
"Maybe something will happen if we do." I paused and stirred my ice. "But then again, maybe not."
He didn't say anything. He squeezed my knee and didn't say what I know he wanted to say, because it would be the same arguement all over again, with the same answer again of 'I don't know'.

I've decided.
It's done.
I'm not changing my mind.

We're getting rid of the crib and changetable.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

My cot is being picked up by someone tomorrow afternoon as well. I've hung onto it for all these years and it's time to let it go.

Yeah, it's sad. I feel like I've given up.