Sunday, March 29, 2009

dream

I'm not someone who normally gets afraid.

I mean, once in awhile, when the house is dark and it's the middle of the night and rockstar hubby is at the firehall and I'm woken by a loud crash, yah, I freak out a little. Of course, half the time it was a noise I heard in my dream, but you can never tell.

And sometimes I get...nervous tension about meeting someone, speaking in public (if it's not acting, I sweat baby), discussing my feelings on a subject (hence, downward eyes and red face during bible study at 'sharing' time).

But tonight, I'm afraid.

Make that, terrified.

I need to contact the person who wanted my manuscript three months ago.

I need to contact them to get an update. It's been three months. She showed an interest, but with all of the layoffs and recession etc... what if she says no?

I know the world won't end.
I know there will be others.
But this was a genuine interest. And I'm terrified of a no.

This is my dream.

Is it time to come true?

I'm afraid the brave little girl has gone running to dive under the covers on her cloud. To hide. To not face the world. To wait until she feels better.

1 comment:

barb said...

Even brave girls get afraid sometimes.

I'm holding your hand. Metaphorically, of course, this being online and all.

Keep dreaming. Keep that special place alive.