Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas

I know.
It's been too long.
I'm actually surprised myself at how long it's been since I've been here. It's not like my life has not been interesting or challenging. It just never occured to me to blog about it. So here goes. In short form. Or point form. Some kind of form.

-I've been exhausted for about 5 weeks. The gaffer is having nightmares again. But this time he climbs out of bed and runs into my room, climbing into bed. I'm trying not to let this become a pattern. I don't want him sleeping with us. I don't sleep when he's in our bed. He moves too much. But right now, starting last night, I let him stay for an hour. And then instead of having his usual 5 nightmares, he had two. But he moved the entire time he was in bed. I'm discovering that I no longer sleep between the hours of 1-4am. It's starting to take its toll. I crave caffeine now.
-Christmas is coming! yay! Presents are wrapped, I'm going to bake a birthday cake for Jesus to bring to my parents, my brother may not show up (that's fine)and I have a lovely Christmas eve lunch with our good friends.
-I bought rockstar hubby that remote control flying helicopter. You know the one. Not the cheap 20$ one, but the 'mosquito' one where it requires 6 C batteries and a 9 volt. I bought it. I must be losing my mind. but he's going to love it.
-update on Jackson and His Great-Aunt Harriett. I don't believe in jinxing anything, but I haven't mentionned anything because I don't want to believe it to be true. Because if it doesn't happen, I know I'll be devastated (oh the pains of being a drama queen!). But an aquisitions editor for a lovely company sent me an e-mail and told me she liked the book and that it wasn't something they normally publish but she wants to see if there's room for it. She's meeting with the publishing crew after Christmas. Yes, I'm losing my mind. But the best part (apart from possibly being published) is that she wrote me the most amazing letter. She wrote that I was like 'Lemony Snickett without the gloom'. How's that for a compliment? And she said I had a unique voice...with potential. wow. Even if I don't get published, that was the nicest letter I've ever received. Yes I will be framing it.
-we're going away in four weeks. I can't wait. I just don't know where we're going yet. We're somewhat limited as it ain't that warm in Cuba and DR in January. So we've got Jamaica (muchos denaros) or Mexico. but if we fly to Mexico, that's about 5 hours of flying and I will need to be put to sleep or in first class so I don't yak all over everyone. I hate flying. Why does everywhere lovely have to be so frickin' far away? Why can't I just find a place where we will get an exclusively fabulous room with a fabulous beach with business class flying for under twelve hundred? Hm..
-might be going to Texas in February with Disaster Relief team. Am having serious doubts as to leaving gaffer alone for another week, four weeks after vacation. Is my heart worrying too much?

ok, i have to write now.

No comments: