Sunday, May 11, 2008

laughter

God hints at His purpose for you by planting dreams within your heart. Sarah’s dream was to give birth to a son. Find a quiet place and spend some time focusing on your dreams. Ask yourself what dreams you’ve been too busy, too afraid, or too disappointed to pursue. Write them down and pray about each one. God may be telling you to wait, or he may be giving you the go-ahead to pursue one in particular. If it’s time to take the plunge, you might just find yourself joyfully echoing Sarah’s words: God has brought me laughter.

Huh. Dreams. Dreams that I’m too busy, too afraid or too disappointed to pursue. Well:

Write books: I want to write more kids books, a memoir, some teenager books and a romance novel. I want them to be Christian books. And I want them to be awesome, because there is just so much crap out there.

Write movies: I want to make a movie. I want to make a movie out of the memoir. I want to be in it. Which brings me to dream number 3.

Be in movies: I love acting. I love the stage. I love emoting and being someone else. Or parts of myself. When I watch a movie, I always pick out the character I want to play, or how I would do it better. Or different.

Travel: I’ve always wanted to travel. Sadly, I’ve only been to florida, cuba, dr, thunder bay. Oh and Winnipeg. But I don’t want to visit, I want to live there for a year or two. Explore the culture, learn new languages. Even though I forget everything.

India Orphanage: Dr.Job’s orphanage. I want to go and see those girls. Those poor girls with martyred parents. I want to live there, to love them, to be a mom to them. How does that make sense?

I don’t know if I want to do mission trips. I want to live there. make the difference there. rockstar hubby and I have talked about doing lots of disaster relief trips once we’re retired because then we have the time and the money. But…but.

I just want laughter.

No comments: