Thursday, April 17, 2008

voulez vous couche.....?

ok, so the reason i woke up in a big fat snit was because as i rolled over at 6am, the sun was IN MY FACE. it hasn't been in my face for awhile because i had two towels hanging over a curtain rod in the window. i took one down.

the sun was in my face. gaffer was singing. it took every ounce of strength in me not to sit up and yell "SHUT UP!!!!" instead i said very pleasantly, 'Be quiet please!' and lay back down. to the sun in my eyes.

and then it happened.

the pity party came waaaaaaaaay too early in the morning.

"i am 34 years old and i have towels covering my windows, how is it that i'm 34 and i have a little bit of new furniture and my house looks like a dorm and i dress in second hand clothes and i try to be careful with money, and why is it so hard to kick this latte habit and I DESERVE CURTAINS!!!!"

so i got out of bed and had a hot shower for 20 minutes.

i walked back into the bedroom, glared at my husband and with as much posture as i could keep straight, with soaking wet hair, i announced, 'i am going to zellers today to buy curtains for the window". i think something in my posture, or maybe my voice, although it could have been the wet towel barely covering me, allowed my gracious rockstar hubby to reply, 'Of course'.

and i did.

i am now the proud owner of sexy red and gold thick curtains with a gold wrought iron curtain rod with a leaf at the end. i bought two for the two windows and they were half price.

i am satiated.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

They sound lovely!!!

You may well find that you sleep better with thick curtains too, because your room will be darker.

LOL at gaffer singing!

barb said...

Yeah, well I'm almost 38 and have no curtains at all in my house. ;-)

But seriously, hooray for nice curtains, and at a good price too! I shall look up at the window next time I'm over to see them.