Wednesday, October 14, 2009

cocoon

I function better when I live in my cocoon.

My entire life I've spent living within my cocoon.
Everything would happen outside of it, and I would just pay attention to the inside.

Not in a selfish, mean manner, don't get me wrong. I just could never handle the truth.

And tonight I'm 'seeing' a lot of the truth. And the truth is awful.

I find myself wondering if the war is working. If women are finding themselves in worse conditions or better. I want to yell at the arrogant people who are saying it's a waste of time. Is it?

I find myself wondering how women are still surviving everywhere, just from the way men treat them. This isn't a 'feminist' thing, I just realized tonight that probably 90% of women believe that they are not worth it. And the way that some man has treated them. It breaks my heart and it makes me so angry.

And so I'm upstairs, hubby at work of course, I only have meltdowns when he's not home...and I feel so wretchedly sick to my stomach. To think of the pain, and the harshness going on out there. And here I am in my comfortable home, wondering whether or not we can afford a new couch.

And this is why I stay in my bubble. Because if I don't, I am racked with constant grief and my heart breaking.

I am so ignorant.

1 comment:

futsaldreamer said...

Your blog has stayed in my mind since I read it two weeks ago. Maybe God has set you up to intercede for women on this issue? Emotions make our prayers that much more focussed and effective. I feel like any time that I have intense emotion about something that isn't me and that I can do nothing specific about then I'm meant to pray intensely about it. Just a thought ....