Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Yes! I'm Behind for goodness sakes!

Pbbttt!

Ok, so last week we went on our second family vacation. We don't count going to the cottage because we're only going an hour away and we can rush home if we need to, or drive half an hour for my latte fix :)
Last Monday, at 8am, we found ourselves packed to the gills in my ford focus, driving to St.Catherines. Nearest Niagara on the Lake.
I aquired a lovely friend about 8 years ago while waitressing (oh I miss those days..) who turned out to be a wine rep. He and his lovely wife, now own a vineyard. A tiny one, a charming one, but a vineyard nonetheless.

I'm pleased to say I drove the entire 6 hours (with 3 stops for food, peeing and a quick video game) as rockstar hubby was a tad sore from running the half marathon the day before. I would like to take a moment to brag that he did it in an hour and a half? Top 2% thank you very much.

So we got there to A & R's and immediately attacked Starbucks for a fix and began to unpack. The afternoon was left open to just hang out and chat. The gaffer had a 3 year old to play with so despite the few squabbles, it went well. And they got us addicted to the Bachelorette (No!!) and yes, we are following it closely and most of our conversation (rsh and I) the other morning was about the psychotic-ness of Dave.

The next day, Tuesday, rsh found himself cutting down their tree. Which was part of the plan you see. Manual labour for free room and board..and wine. Lots and lots of wine. Which meant a whole three glasses because I am a silly pants when it comes to wine. And they lovingly donated their Easter chocolates for my other fix. May I brag that it was not cheap chocolate, but the proper Lindt bunny kind? Oh, I was in heaven.

On Wednesday we got a fabulous tour of their winery and vineyard, in which I am not disclosing anything because it's none of your business, unless of course they harass me to brag about their winery. It was so CLEAN! I know that makes no sense, but I figured it would have, you know, gunk in the corners. But R is a clean freak and I suspect A as well (he irons his jeans!) and there wasn't any gunk in their corners of their bathrooms (did I mention I'm thinking of getting a cleaning person to clean my bathrooms?). Then we packed up and drove to:

THE GREAT WOLF LODGE

Dude. It was fantastic. However, we stopped at the shopping outlet mall first because I needed a fix, and gaffer was...sad that I was leaving him. Ok, I figured, he's tired. An hour later, the boys picked me up and we went. We even managed to get a room right away. It was awesome. Two queen sized beds, side by side, two tv's and a sitting room. We threw on our swimsuits and headed for the water park. Wow. All I can say is wow. It's enormous. And fantastic. And warm. And the waterslides rocked. And they had an arcade. In which rsh would routinely ask if he could go play 'Deer Hunter' as I watched the gaffer.
But the gaffer wasn't well. He was crying. And warm. Too warm.
Thursday morning I sent rsh to get a thermometer and some tylenol. Gaffer had a fever of 102. For three days.
So we packed him full of motrin and tylenol and once he began showing signs of life, we dragged him to the water park (I'm such a great parent)
And I shopped.
I spent two hours in Coach.
But I didn't buy anything.
And I went to the US, all by myself. Boy, was I given a hard time.
But I didn't buy anything. Nothing. Hard to explain that to customs. But I really didn't.
Friday, we drove home.
And got caught on the 401 for two hours. Oof.
We got home 8 hours later.
Yech.
Saturday morning took the gaffer to the hospital.
Ear infection.
Oops.

He's recovering nicely.

We're going back in November...

No comments: