Thursday, July 3, 2008

My Moment of Brilliance

We always get credit cards in the mail. And it's always the same. I open them, cut them up and throw them out.
Today a card came from Desjardins Bank.
What the?
I opened it to find a credit card with rockstar hubby's name on it. And a note saying, 'Call this number to activate the card!' Yah, ok, not in this lifetime. So I pulled out my scissors and chopped it up, tossing into yesterday's leftover chicken bones.
Talked to rockstar hubby.
'Can you believe they sent us a credit card? They are getting really gutsy with their ploys!' I say as I clean the kitchen and get ready to bag the trash.
"Oh, that's the visa we had to get to buy the cloud. Once we pay it, we can deactivate it."

Oh. Oops.

It's now sitting on the kitchen counter, in 12 pieces.

5 comments:

barb said...

oh, dear...

My favorite credit card in the mail was a pre-approved one for R when she was 5 years old.

Jennifer said...

HA!!!

Melinda said...

Oops!!! But it's a funny oops...

It's illegal here to send or preapprove credit cards here, sounds like your credit laws are a bit different!

sue said...

you bought a cloud?? Um. Maybe we should have a talk about practical vs. impractical purchases...

Jennifer said...

no,no,no,
THE cloud. it's a bed. a very expensive. one of the most expensive beds you can buy from mattress mart. it's a cloud because it feels like you're sleeping on a cloud. i have never slept better in my entire life!!!