Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Being Busy Enough to Avoid

We go camping this weekend with three other fabulous couples. The yearly retreat to the Petawawa River. I have to say, I'm not really looking forward to it. I think my body is getting too old to sleep uncomfortably on the ground. And the bugs, oh the bugs. And my period is due. Which has happened for the past three years. Yuck. That's the biggest reason.
And so much has to be done around here! My front garden which I've worked so hard on, is now full of crabgrass. My backyard is full of doggie-doo-doo and sharp thistles. My greenbeans are out of control. My tomatoes are on the verge of turning red, but it's just not sunny enough. I've already had to chuck four due to blossom end rot.
My book. Sigh. Don't even talk to me about my book. You'd think I'd have it done by now, but it seems that family pressures and challenges are keeping me distracted. And my rockstar hubby isn't working enough. I know that sounds ridiculous, but he's been home at weird times, so 'me' time becomes 'us' time. And I'm terribly happy about that.
And then, I haven't been feeling very well. It must have something to do with the race we did on Saturday. I think I hit dehydration well, because I still have stomach aches and headaches and a bit of nausea in the head. Hm...
ah well, suck it up princess.

No comments: