Tuesday, May 12, 2009

rut, rut, rut

oof, am a little behind...

Speaking of ruts...yuck. It's sunny out. I have a new dirt pig. She still needs a name, but nothing comes to mind yet. I've given myself permission to play outside today. And yet...

blah.
blah.
blah.

Mother's day was wonderful. The gaffer and rockstar hubby made me breakfast in bed (croissants, brie, strawberries) in which the gaffer ate most of, and then I was given my gifts. The gaffer handed me a 'recipe' book of his jk class. I was like, ok, I never gave in a recipe, but ok. So I opened it and the index had a meal and the child's name beside it. So I went to my son's name, which was under 'hot chocolate'. This is what it said:

"Hot Chocolate
By Jackson

A little bit of soy milk

1) The first thing you do is pour some soy milk in a sippy cup all the way tot he top and mix it all up.
2) Then put it in the microwave for 5 minutes and if it's too hot just wait and then you dirnk it all up. (If it doesn't have the white thing under the lid that keeps it from leaking then you have to drink it slowly!)"

Of course I cried! It was adorable!

And then rockstar hubby gave me two presents. He bought me the Kerastase (sp?) oleo-relax serum for my crazy coarse hair and a new purse! The purse is something I saw about 4 weeks ago and said I liked it, and that was it. He remembered! It's gorgeous. Not expensive of course, but it's a beautiful dark cherry red. And it's huge! Now I can carry all my crap around!

But...blah.

I feel...like I need something amazing to be excited about. Maybe I'm just...I think I'm feeling really frustrated about my book. Yes, all I have to do is pick up my reference book, do some more research about where I can send it in, but...I really want closure you know? And I'm having a hard time writing. I'm sending the gaffer off tomorrow to the sitter's so I can take time to write AND write my pseudo-dirt pig...I'm hoping that while biking along the parkway I'll become inspired but we'll see.
I'm just going to go outside now.
Paint my bench a silly blue.
Plant my carrots and weed the dandelions (friggin friggers).
Stare at my peas and beans and wonder how I'm going to stake them without it being expensive or ugly (I told rsh that I love his help, but I'll do it this time. I don't want another contraption attached to our outside wall)

Maybe I'll just dye my hair dark brown tonight. I did it about 8 weeks ago, but for some reason my hair sloughs off all colour and wants to remain a weird mousy brown at the roots and a strange orange-red-brown for the rest. Ech.

No comments: