Thursday, March 6, 2008

they're back!!!!

i know my title sounds like something interesting and fun is happening. well, you'd only be right on interesting part.
the ants are back.
i think i wrote about these suckers last year in the spring. we were infested with big black juicy ants. and they favoured my upstairs bathroom. after an insane moment of me screaming my head off when 58 ants were in my bathtub (i kid not) i thought we had destroyed those suckers when the chemical guy came. i am not a chemical person. i hate the idea of chemical ick all over my house. but i hate ants more. and this chemical was extremely potent. i would find dead flies in the windows, creepy crawlies dead near my baseboards. ok. at least i wouldn't need to do it again.

but i think i do.

5 days ago, it was bedtime and as i brushed my teeth, there was an ant. on the wall. smiling at me. i killed it.
the next night, at bedtime, i brushed my teeth, and there was another ant. on the wall. smiling at me. i killed it.
the next night, at bedtime, i had to pee, lifted the toilet seat, there was an ant. smiling at me. maybe even using the facilities. i killed it. began hyperventilating a bit.
next night....you know the story.
i think the queen is sending out spies or something. because every 24 hours, an ant shows up in my bathroom. last night's ant was squashed on the floor because the gaffer, unknowingly squished him with his bare feet.

i'm starting to get grossed out again. i may even start hyperventilating. and i have reasons for doing so.
1- ants in my house again. peachy.
2- another 348$ to spray our house. but this time we'll have to do the 448$ one because it's guaranteed for a year and not just 6 months.
3- spraying our house again. i don't even want to think of the gaffer sleeping in bed with lovely chemicals floating around in the air.

sigh. what am i supposed to do? it's not like i can put out mint leaves or cucumber slices because it's not a couple of ants pissing me off. it's a full-on war. why am i losing?

i made sure our insurance covered ant insurance. i woke up in a sweat wondering if our house would fall down due to ant infestation.

No comments: