Friday, August 31, 2007

busy time

so i'm in this writing contest this weekend. a three day writing contest. three days to write a novel...
what on earth am i going to write about?

i started a short story about my grandmother awhile ago, called 'the blue suitcase'. i'm wondering if i can take it, dissect it and expand on it...another 100 pages perhaps? is that even possible? i've never had so much time to write before in one sitting. it's rather...nerve racking.
but i figure i'll be parked at my favourite writing spot in starbucks, i'll have a friend with me, who is competing as well. i'll pack my workout clothes in case i need some energy and the gym is so close by. i'll pack nuts and yogurt and bring change for lattes, and i'll even read the magazines in the rack at the chapters if i'm super stuck and bored. with a friend there, i can leave my laptop unattended for hours on end, provided he doesn't take off. we'll have to have a system of somekind. i wish i had wireless in my laptop, but that would probably distract me more than anything...

gaffer and rockstar hubby are taking their first camping trip this weekend. i'm a little nervous as there is canoeing and sleeping in tents. i'm sure they'll be fine...but i'm still nervous. although it'll be lovely to have the house to myself tomorrow night. heavy sleep for all! maybe.

on the creative front: have picked up a lovely blue for my park bench. have completed another painting. have started another. countdown for the artshow...i should beg Bee to send me the pics she took of them so i can post them...perhaps.

good weekend to all! will update tomorrow!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

How was your novel writing weekend?