Monday, October 8, 2007

thanksgiving monday

so the art show didn't go as well as i had hoped. actually, it didn't go well at all. i think it may have been badly publicized which may factor in the lack of people coming in to see it. and it seemed as though no one was selling anything. so now what? maybe an art show in may. i'll keep painting. although it may be time to work on the writing.
36 people for lunch. i must be out of my mind. my poor rockstar hubby was up many times throughout the night to check on the turkey, as it turns out with the fabulously wonderful pop in the oven frozen kind, they require about 6 hours of cooking. the oven was turned on at 1:45pm yesterday, and was turned off this morning at 2:45am. my goodness. and of course the gaffer waking up to monsters in his bed didn't help either. and then rsh had to get up at 6am to return so-called motorcycle and come home again to help set up.
i had decided not to make pies as was my original plan. my job. my part. as i was not supposed to be making the turkey, and ended up with that job. too much oven work. if everyone else does not bring their fair share of food, they'll have to stop at Timmy's on the way home.
i am however, allowing myself a run this morning as it has occured to me many times, and so much more last night after a dinner of club sandwich and fries, that i am not good to my body.
"...let us purify ourselves of everything contaminating to the body and spirit, in pursuit of holiness in reverence for GOD".
everything contaminating.
more on that tomorrow.
happy thanksgiving.

No comments: