Tuesday, October 9, 2007

and so on.

ok, so lunch went really well. i was exhausted at the end of it, and i unknowingly did not wear shoes for the entire time i was in the kitchen standing up (about 6 hours) so i was hurtin' pretty bad. but some lovely red wine from my very good friend A's vineyard (Cattail Creek) and some blue cheese and i was right as rain again. speaking of blue cheese for a moment, i picked up some roquefort at farm boy today. only a sliver because a sliver is 4$ but just enough to wet my palette and perhaps tempt my blue cheese 'fix' that i require every so often.

what i'm thankful for:
-my family. i can't imagine a better family. my rockstar hubby who always thrills me, loves me and makes me crazy and the gaffer who i want to strangle and smother with kisses at the same time. he's seriously my heart walking around outside of my body.
-God. He should have been first in the list. i can't imagine life without Him now.
-my friends. i have really good friends. friends that are Christians too. friends who put up with me and let me put up with them. friends who forgive me when i stick my foot in my mouth (sometimes both, and quite frequently) and friends who don't mind my insane silliness. and friends who don't mind when i call for prayers.
-being a stay-at-home mom. i love it. i hate it. i love it. i hate it.etc.
-my gifts. i love that i can write. and create. and cook. and eat.
i could go on, but i won't. because today's blog is really about:

birds.
is there anything sweeter (for the moment) than watching the chickadee's eat with gusto at your feeder? i love it. i love their peeping. and i don't mind the annoying pigeons/doves whatever who eat the bits off the ground. they just need not come calling at 5am.

going to sit in front of the fire now and debate the best way to try making dal. delicious!

2 comments:

sue said...

dal?

Jennifer said...

a lovely indian dish made of lentils and homemade curry powder. you spread it over basmati rice or dip your naan in it. it's amazing.