Monday, October 29, 2007

3 years old and he's broken my heart

now i realize i shouldn't have been reading 'anne of green gables' at 11 o'clock at night. and i do realize i probably shouldn't have been reading the part where marilla laments that anne is moving away and i definitely shouldn't have read the chapter where matthew dies. i'm such a gluttony for punishment.
and so i bawled.
and i couldn't stop.
my poor rock-star husband woke up, very startled indeed, and with his eyes shut yelled out, 'what is the matter?' and me inbetween my pathetic sobs could not help but say, 'it's stupid'. and then i got the lecture about how nothing i think or say is stupid. and then i told him.
"sob, sob, i don't want to get older! i don't want anything to change! i don't want the gaffer to grow up because he'll move away and he won't be in the house everyday and he'll stop talking to me all the time and sob sob sob."
after a prolonged silence of my quivering lip sobs and my shoulders shaking dramatically, i let out a loud snort as i tried to clean the snot from my nose and rock-star hubby says, 'i might seem like i'm sleeping but i'm listening you know'.

and my heart was broken. i wanted to rush into the gaffer's bedroom and wake him up and hug him and cry over him and tell him never to leave me.
oh how tragically pathetic!

i really, really need to stop reading anne of green gables. for goodness sakes i'm starting to talk like her.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I LOVE Anne of Green Gables!!! And that part is just soooo sad, you go ahead and cry as much as you want to girl!!!! Wait until you get a bit further on, you might want to stock up on tissues now!

And btw, by the time the Gaffer is 18 you might be ready for him to leave home!!! LOL!

Jennifer said...

yah, the pathetic thing is, i've read the silly book about 20 times! but it still gets me! like in little women when beth dies. such a glutton.
you may be right about the 18 thing. i'll send him on a missions trip...