Saturday, September 29, 2007

my hair

i'm not usually a vain girl. except for when i really am. and i am working on that. it's not so much a clothes issue as it is a hair, face and physique issue. i'm working on that too.
so i went to get my hair 'done'.
i don't usually get my hair done. infact, i am one of those annoying girls who gets her hair cut maybe twice a year when it's really pissing her off because it's always in her face and her rockstar husband doesn't want her to cut it...but i digress.

so i went in to my favourite chop shop and asked for an all over colour. due to ponytails and our stranger weather system, i have three colours in my hair. the roots are mousy brown, the middle is reddish, and the ends are wheat. and it's cute and all, but enough. so she recommended brown. everyone's doing brown now. it's the new thing. brunettes.
i sighed. i'm not a fashion fad girl. i just want clothes to fit. and that look good.
so she pulled out a folder of l'oreal's new selection of 'chocolates'. that's what it's called. no really. you can get white chocolate, caramel, dark chocolate blah blah blah.
she kept pointing out browns, and they all looked, well, brown. so i turned to her and said,
let's go as dark as i can without looking silly.

she showed me a colour of brown. i said, just put it on. and she did. and then she dried it. and then she cut it.

i am so impressed.

i look very cool. my eyes are now a lovely shade of green (instead of baby diarrhea colour), my cheeks are pink and i look...thinner?
love it. love it. loooooove it.

and i could not figure out for the life of me why people are starting to talk to me now. it's like i'm back in university again and i have my green hair....

but that's another story....

2 comments:

Melinda said...

It sounds great J! Isn't it amazing how something so simple can change how we look and feel! So, where are the pics????

Jennifer said...

dude, i wish i had a digital camera....i need to beg a friend to borrow hers i think...