Tuesday, September 18, 2007

just updating

when does life slow down? why are there all these jobs to do? i have a theory that if i lived somewhere different, where the days were pretty much the same temperature-wise, then i would have less work. i don't even live on a farm, or in a forest. i live on waaay less than an acre. and yet my gardens have been neglected. and i have been uninspired. yet...
i managed to get a bit of ministry work done. i got to read two chapters of philip yancey's 'prayer' that rockstar hubby left in a gift bag with my name on it at my favourite coffee house this morning. (he dropped it off last night on the way to work. now you know why he is rockstar hubby). but it all went to crap when i went to art class and haaaaated my paintings. so uninspired. so ugly. the colours were awful. i think it's because they were teeny canvases. i figured i'd do smaller ones because then maybe they'd sell better. but they're so...there's no soul. no me in them. so i bought new canvases and i'm having a heck of a time getting the pics drawn on. it's like i've forgotten how. and i'm not bloody tracing it. that's cheating to me. blech.

we go to the cottage on thursday. and i can't wait to get out of here. but first i have to plan and pack everything first. sigh. alone. beautiful, lovely, rockstar hubby went to work yesterday at 3:30 and won't be home until thursday morning. i'm a tad lonely.

gaffer is hilarious. man i love that kid. rockstar hubby taught him how to make the 'love'sign with his hand and fingers and yell "wooooo". i'm so proud.

richard simmons is awesome. i tried his 'dance your pants off' tape. and it was great. he's really not that creepy. just watch his tape. he's so sincere, so encouraging that he's genuine. but, due to all the dancing about, my knees were not tended properly with all the bouncing and it caused me some pain. whereas just plain running, or elipticing (?) keeps me focused on my knees and hips to prevent injury. but he's so gosh darn fun! decisions, decisions.

met with a friend the other night. haven't seen her in over 15 years. and we talked. and it was great..but...i'm different now. why didn't i stick up for what i believed in? why did i just let words slide? i'm kicking myself now, but who's to say what i believe (what God wants me to believe ) isn't right? because it's not popular. they need a book on how to explain homeschooling or private schools to people who just don't get it. do these things protect my child? yup. who else is going to protect him? that's what i should have said. it's my job to protect him. to do my best to make sure that he's safe. not just throw him out there, show him everything and hope he deals with it.
i'm about to rant, so i'll stop here.

blah blah. i'm going to bed.
pray for inspiration for me.

1 comment:

sue said...

You do indeed have a rockstar hubby. What a wonderful thing for him to do.
Are you going to homeschool the gaffer? Did I understand that correctly?
Have you read "Blue Like Jazz"?