Monday, November 12, 2007

Standing up for what's right

(why is the gaffer not sleeping yet??!!!!) sorry, just a sidenote. it frustrates me when he doesn't sleep.

ok. so i agreed to do this play. i was excited about doing a play. very very excited. i was excited because it's a gritty/serious/dark humour/poverty play. and i got to grab a part without auditioning. i was very excited.

and then i read it.

oh dear.

it depressed me. it angered me. it made me feel sick to my stomach. the joke in it was absolutely awful! i...had to email the director and say no. and state my reasons. they were so personal. and no i did not have the guts to call her on the phone. just thinking of the reasons alone made my face very red and my stomach churn so loudly i thought i was going to be sick.

but i said no.

i know it's a brilliant opportunity and i know that i would have learned so much from her, a professional director.

but i said no.

and i don't regret a thing.
i don't care if she's angry or if the rest of the players' group is mad at me and i don't care if i lose friends over it.

i said no.

yay, me.

6 comments:

futsaldreamer said...

YAY you !!

Melinda said...

Well done!!!!!!!

barb said...

I'm proud of you.

Maybe the gaffer wasn't sleeping because he was so proud of his mom's integrity.

maybe not, but we can imagine, can't we?

Jennifer said...

you never know about kids and integrity. so...unpredictable..

Jennifer said...

aa

Jennifer said...

a