Saturday, November 3, 2007

My special day

happy birthday to me!
ok, so this is the part where i do some thinking.
i'm glad to be 34. it sounds like such a sophisticated age. and i don't feel it. but i do. i don't think i'd want to go back to my 20's. they were hard. of course my teen years were even harder.
so, the way i mark the milestones on my b-day, is to make a list of the brave things i've done in my year.
and they are as follows, in the order that i remember them:
-went into an art show
-displaying my art at a restaurant
-entered a 3-day novel writing contest
-endured another move to another new house
-gave God control over having more kids
-entered and came in 5th in an Urban Challenge race
-went to counselling
-reconciliation
-made my own money through a garage sale in which i purchased the dirt pig and did a landscaping project with which i have yet to spend the money
-joined the womens' ministry at church
-made amends with someone i was mean to
-made girlfriends
-wrote a novel and mostly completed another one
-learned how and am still learning how to let go of control
-got closer to God but still needs lots of work
-realized that i am needed.

let's see what brave things i can do this year.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! Hope you had a great day and Rockstar hubby and the Gaffer spoilt you all day!!!