Monday, March 31, 2008

ants, heart, pits and bread

i haven't seen any ants. at all. actually i saw 3 in my kitchen two days ago, but that's it. what, they don't like the poison in the bathroom either? so now i wait. and wait. and wait.

smashed my thumb last night on the doorjam of the bedroom. said ow quietly to not waken gaffer and stuck in my mouth. but a piece of nail was sticking out. so i pulled it out. ew. i smashed a piece of nail out of my thumbnail. it's about 5mm x 5mm right out of the center top. and it bled. and it was gross. i called rockstar hubby at work. thankfully he was not asleep yet. he told me to stick it in cold water but it hurt so much! i did intermittently while whining and shivering my teeth together with shock. i popped some advil and calmed down. i eventually managed to clip off the section of nail still attached (i almost puked on that one) and threw a bandaid on top. then i went to bed with my arm propped up so the throbbing would stop. after an hour of reading, i crashed. it looks better today but i still want to puke when i look at it.

went for dr's appointment check up thingy. got my fab pap and discussed i would try out a 24 hour heart monitor to see what's going on. then we discussed the pits.

i'm on a new weird thing called 'drysol' which you dab into your armpits. it's pure aluminum chloride hexahydrate. apparently i can't have recently shaved armpits and i put it on at night. and then was saran wrap into a ball and shove it into my armpit and then wear an old tight t-shirt, because it does stain. and then in the morning i have to wash my armpits because it might breakdown the material of my clothes. i only need to do this twice a week. interesting. all for 20$. i asked if i'd get alzheimerss or something but doc laughed. guess not. if this doesn't work, i can resort to botox injections. which would be fabulous because then no one would guess my age correctly if i walk around with my arms up all the time. but it's expensive. and if i'm getting botox, it'll be going into my face thank you very much.

am attempting a new rosemary olive bread in breadmaker. i love that thing. it does take 4 hours unfortunately so you have to time it just right. but i make the best whole wheat, flax, wheat bran, raisin bread in the world. so let's see if this recipe works too.

rockstar hubby is now getting phone calls for tree work and it's a blessing. i'll be able to make my student loan payment for the education i don't use anymore. whooop!

tomorrow we hit Cora's for eggs benedict with gaffer's great-grandmother for her 93 birthday. yeehaw!

No comments: