Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Hairy Feet

Can someone please explain to me why God made me have hairy feet? I mean, hairy feet on their own are not very attractive, including rockstar hubby's, but why me? I'm not an incredibly hairy person, I get dark arm hair in the winter and I do have to do some shaving and I get sugared every couple of months when I can't stand it anymore, but why on earth, my feet?
When I was sixteen, I was unwisely encouraged to shave them. Now I know now how awful that is, as when you shave, the hairs come back thicker and more plenty. But I didn't know that at 16. And now, I suffer.
I have used Nair (works in a pinch), I've asked the sugarar (?) to sugar my feet, and tonight, I succumbed to plucking.
One day, I will no longer suffer with hairy feet. Or maybe I'll be too old to see them.
Either way, there was absolutely no point in this blog except to say that, please, don't look at my feet.

7 comments:

Melinda said...

LOL! Ok, I promise never to look at your feet! And what's sugaring?

Jennifer said...

sugaring is like waxing...but not. they use an all natural product that looks like a silicone boob, and they smear it on your leg. when they rip it up, it only pulls out the hair, not taking the first layer of skin with it. so it hurts less, is quicker and does not stick to your skin so there is no mess. however, you need to be trained in this, which is why i never do it at home...
less ingrown's too.

sue said...

I've never noticed your hairy feet before, but now that you said this, I'm going to have to sneak a peek next time I see you.

Jennifer said...

oh no! won't happen! i plan on being diligent with my hair removal! unless i get lazy....

but then you'll book me into a travelling circus and i'll never be able to escape...people will pay 2$ to see the girl with the hairy feet...

barb said...

maybe you're part hobbit.

sue said...

can you have your armpits sugared??

Jennifer said...

yes. you can have anything sugared. feet, lets, brazilian (ouch but beautiful), face, arms, you name it...go to a reputable place though. i went for a cheapie once...bad bad story.

yes, i could be part hobbit, but i'm not that short...